Tuesday, April 27, 2010

the adventures of cakelock holmes

Time to put on your detective caps, friends. This one's a doozy.

Here's your background: last week I had my first "real" cake decorating class (the one before being the introductory session), and here are the photos to prove it:



Really? you ask. A photo of cake crown remnants, followed by the remnants of the cake crown remnants? The absence of a round layer cake, frosting, and piped flowers, stars, shell borders, etc. means something, I think. Some possibilities:
  1. I dropped the finished cake in the parking lot after class, smooshing it into oblivion.
  2. My dog ate it.
  3. Cake was attacked by an asteroid!
All right, this whole "present a mystery and then attempt to solve it through witty prose and pictorial evidence" thing has lost its novelty. The sad truth is that the cake was U-G-L-Y. Yea, that happened. I was way too embarrassed to show it to you, as in I'd rather show you what the leftover pieces look like rather than the finished product itself, which I gave away to a sympathetic family. Whoops. Aesthetics have never been my thing, but I'm trying. It can only look up from here.

Oh, and just so you know...that is some good chocolate cake. Okay? I do not fail at chocolate cake.

1 comment:

  1. PLEASE show us the decorated cake! Sometimes ugly is "cute," you know?

    ReplyDelete

Commenting is sexy.